broncobuster

Embossing Cutting Machine?

anyone ever use one of these or if your looking this might work? anyone who has see it work any input? there around 200.00

Bonnie I've never even seen one, so don't know how well it works. If you get one, let us know, ok? Cheryl

Looks interesting. The only disappointing thing is that it is limited to materials 12 inches in length, which means that you couldn't use it for belts.

For small, thin leather projects perhaps.

I wouldnt touch one with an eleven meter disinfected dung fork. This is designed for embossing paper with pre-made plastic embossing forms, available at craft stores. They aren't suitable for leather, as their tolerances are designed for paper, much thinner than any worthwhile leather. I suppose you could custom cut your own dies with tollerances for thicker materials, or have a laser cutting company like Grey Ghost Graffics cut some for you, but that is a big investment for a machine that is not designed to handle volume production work, and is largely built of plastic It can be used to cut thin leather, basically using clicker dies. The ones that are available in craft stores have the blades recessed in neoprene , so the cutting edges are only exposed when under the pressure of the press. This machine works by drivi g the medium and the dies between two rollers, while the medium and dies are sandwiched between two pressed plates. It is not programable to cut or emboss different designs, but separate dies must be purchased for each different design, they are very limited in size, and must be designed to work in this type of machine. Do not try using normal clicker dies in one one of these. The results would likely be...unfortunate.

That is made for paper - you would be sorely disappointed if you want to use it for leather.

It is probably great for paper tho...

I have a Tippmann 700 Clicker and it is solid and sturdy - made of metal and 260 lbs.

Very well made and have had No problems with it for the last 4 years.

* compare that with this...

post-15330-0-69027700-1353832594_thumb.j Tippmann 700 Clicker