Howdy folks. Thought I'd post a few pics of the 1-1/2 inch gun belt I just finished. This is the first 1-1/2 inch belt I've done. My only other belts consist of a 2-1/2" gun fighter belt and a single buscadero. Anyway, this one is constructed of two 6/7 oz. layers of Hermann Oak B-grade leather.

31815207-E01D-4605-809F-608113BFABE3-1553-0000024B9B0EF534.jpg

6AD441E8-E24B-441A-B5D7-E50D959BD205-1553-0000024B80CDCF36.jpg

B2F428F5-9E2E-4FFA-97A7-08FA4F7F4635-1553-0000024B44ED0A29.jpg

2BF02178-6A5C-4AB8-8458-2A6AA5D82079-1553-00000249917F02AD.jpg

Wonderful job. This stitching is very good. I also like the color layout and buckle combo. Great job all around. Hoe do you get such nice straight edging of the black against the tan?

Edited by Bluesman

Thank you very much benlilly.

Thank you very much bluesman. I owe the stitching credit to my Cobra Class 4, but thank you. First time I did something that was two-toned and not dyeing it a solid color. A little more challenging, but I think I figured out the best way to go for the next one. I love those Jeremiah Watt buckles. He does really good work and his stuff ain't very expensive. Oh, the edge...I propped the belt upon it's side and very carefully applied dye to the edge using a small dauber.

Edited by CountryTrash

I also like JW hardware and tools. So, come clean how did you get that edge that..............Clean :)

Man nice job on that ,that's all i ever want to do if i ever figure it all out .very nice

Good looking belt and buckle. Like the two tone look.

David

Thanks David. I had seen a few pictures of the two tone prior to starting this one. Not dying the liner is supposed to prevent dye rub-off. I also thought it was appealing to the eye as well. Thanks for the compliment.

Man nice job on that ,that's all i ever want to do if i ever figure it all out .very nice

Thanks Samalan. I learn something new on every project I do. It's amazing how the basics such as burnishing edges carry over from one project to the next though.

Excellent looking belt. What finish did you use?

Excellent looking belt. What finish did you use?

Thank you Mike. I used Fiebing's Carnuba Cream. I think I'm going with Fiebing's Spray Leather Sheen on the next one as rubbing in the carnuba tends to pull too much dye up. Not an issue with black on black items, but it would be terrible if I use a natural or light colored thread.