So I just made my first avenger style holster. It came out fantastic on the first try. The fit and position couldn't be better. I got pretty lucky. HOWEVER, the thing squeaks like crazy. I'm pretty sure it's violating some sort of noise ordinance. I cant sell these noisemakers like this. What am I missing? Will it stop after breaking in? Never had this problem with my iwb holsters.

Thanks in advance!

The leather holster rubbing on the leather belt makes noise. Some wax or talcum powder could help.

I have it on a reinforced webbing trainer belt so there's no leather on leather (sounds sinister). Would you still suggest wax or talc?

Did you bond/glue the leather, or just stitch it? The creak IS leather on leather, and if you didn't properly bond the leather where it's overlapped, it can creak when it's flexed. You also need to condition the leather, if you haven't, especially if using spirit dyes (which can dry out the leather). Adding straight neetsfoot oil could make it too soft if you over apply, so only do one coat at a time.

I glued it before sewing. I get that the holster is creaking against itself. I just meant that the belt shouldn't be the issue since it not a leather belt. When the holster is empty (no gun) I can flex it with no squeak, which makes me thing it's the leather rubbing against the gun. I put neetsfoot on the outside but I know you don't want to put it on the inside. I've done mink oil paste on the inside since it's a neutral base. Any ideas on what else I could use on the inside?

If it is creaking against the gun I would use Dr Jacksons. Good for the leather and likely will help the leather slide instead of squeak.

you can also apply gum trag on the inside with a small brush or your finger...rub it in real good..

I'll try the Dr. Jackson's. I put gum trag on the inside. Might try another coat of that first. Thanks for the input guys.

You can also try rubbing a little neutral shoe polish on the contact surfaces inside the holster to ease the friction a bit. Do it around the belt slot too just to make sure it's not part of the problem (despite the non-leather belt you're using). If that doesn't fix it, try rubbing wax over the exterior as well in case it's rubbing against your pants and squeaking.

At the end of the day, once dead skin cells, dust, dirt, oil, etc. get on the holster, the problem should go away.