Suemi

Help On A Tsc 441

Hello all, and happy holidays.

I was lucky enought to pick up a tsc 441 yesterday but I can't really find anything online about the machine.

Any idea where I can find some info other than my user manual online? I need to convert it for leather. I have searched the threads but can't seem to find any parts supplier info. parts catalogs etc. are parts hard to find for this machine?

I am getting a servo from bob soon, but I would like to be able to resaearch a bit on other parts before I tell him what I need.

Thanks,

Rich

Your only hope for leather-specific sewing parts for a Juki TSC 441 is to ask our dealers if they are willing and able to sell you extra parts off a Cowboy, Cobra, or Techsew 441 clone. These would include the throat plates, harness presser feet, smooth feed dog, edge guides and a speed reducer, if you didn't get one with the machine. You will also need spare bobbins, and leather point needles in the sizes required for the thread you will be using.

That sounds like another $500. Damn

I just left Toledo Bob a message regarding what I'm looking for.

Thanks wiz.

Rich

Hey wiz, Quick questions for you.

This machine is way different than any other I have used in the past. I have a canister on top of the machine filled with a foul smelling substance that is a bit crusty. ( is it a thread lube canister) Any idea what the canister is used for? It opens and closes but has no function other than directing thread and smelling like crap at the moment.

As far as the set up is concerned, can I use the techsew 5100 as a reference when threading the machine? Is it identical?

Thanks for the help,

Rich

Rich,

That canister is a lube pot for thread lube,if your not sewing real thick or fast you don't need to lube the thread.Yes,the 5100 is the same,if you go to our website on the Cowboy 4500 page towards the bottom is a threading video.,

Bob, Thank you and it's great to put a face to the voice. Have a great two weeks off, I will be ordering soon.

Best,

Rich