RClubb

Hello From Sc

Hello everybody. Great forum. I'm brand new to leatherwork and so far been doing a lot of reading. So far I've made one knife sheath and one holster. Not bad work but not as good as I had hoped. I realize I have a lot to learn. I also realize that I now have an addiction and not a hobby. I suppose I'll spend a small fortune in the next year or 2 but I expect to save a lot of money too from the weath of info and experience I've found here. Glad I found you guys and gals.

Hey RC, welcome to the forum! You are right where I was not too long ago, and I have spent a small fortune on tools to feed my addiction. A few pieces of advice. Learn about tools and their use before buying if you can, check ebay, pawn shops and craigs list for tools once you know what you want. Those are great ways to save a lot of money. Lastly, ask a ton of questions, post pics and be open to advice. You'll be amazed at how fast youll learn.

Welcome to the forum RC! Good luck and enjoy the craft.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll enjoy getting know everyone and making new friends.

Welcome aboard! I am at the same point you are, just begining... and scrounging for change to get the next tool! :P

Welcome, from a former South Carolinian. I lived in Latta, SC for a few years before heading back home to Indiana. Glad to have you here. I agree with the suggestions from everyone else, like any hobby it is easy to pour a lot of money into it.