Ok. This is my first attempt at this "French edge" business. I did learn a lot, and the next will be better. Unfortunately my iPhone refuses to portray the actual color of this carp skin as it is a royal purple not blue. I also tried this hidden snap for the first time. Thanks for looking.

DE8B6CA5-90FD-47E4-89A6-B200FE72C9AA-954-0000022CD5B6EA31.jpg

269023C5-F641-417E-AE88-B6D1CC9A06C5-954-0000022CDE8B4E89.jpg

08EA4E9E-E1F9-4D78-89BB-009BB717AC81-954-0000022CE3B82D7A.jpg

415F84F4-245C-4B9D-BC75-E7C57EAA5F50-954-0000022CE92424B4.jpg

Very nice for your first try at it..That's a tough little Janome you've got there :)

Did you sew it with the Janome? Color me impressed. Excellent job on the binding, and the overall look. My camera also shows certain shades of purples as brilliant blue, no matter what white balance I use, and I'm not sure why.

Very nice for your first try at it..That's a tough little Janome you've got there :)

Thank you. I don't think the Janome likes this type of work. But it's what I've got.

Did you sew it with the Janome? Color me impressed. Excellent job on the binding, and the overall look. My camera also shows certain shades of purples as brilliant blue, no matter what white balance I use, and I'm not sure why.

Thank you. Yeah the Janome took it. I won't be able to do any contrast stitching though. I had to help it along a fair bit. I could always try my camera but I'm too lazy to use my computer instead of my phone.

I really like that. And I have no idea how you did it...magic!