jscott

Portfolio Pattern Help

I am looking for a floral pattern to do on the front of a portfolio. The portfolio's dimensions are 11 3/4" x 8 1/2".

I can't draw a pattern well enough to use. Any suggestions of where I can find one would be greatly apperciated.

Thank you!

Jeremy

Let me make sure we understand what you want. You want a western floral like what some call Sheridan? You want an all over pattern?

Did you check out Leathercraftlibray.com under the free stuff?

Sorry for not being more clear. Yes, I do want a sheridan style floral pattern to cover the front only. I need a blank area in the middle to put his brand.

He told me last night that he wants it to fit a legal pad, which is 14" tall x 8 1/2" wide.

Thank you for the link, that looks like it could be a great resource but I did not find any patterns to fit that size.

Would it be best to just find some one that can draw and have them do it?

Thanks for the advice!

Jeremy

He told me last night that he wants it to fit a legal pad, which is 14" tall x 8 1/2" wide.

Thank you for the link, that looks like it could be a great resource but I did not find any patterns to fit that size.

Thanks for the advice!

Jeremy

Here is what I would do. Find an 8.5x11 pattern. Print 2. tape them together so that a portion of one sheet is 3 inches past the other. you may have to manipulate the pattern a bit to make it flow from one sheet to the other.... that is where your drawing talent will be challenged a bit. Figure out where you want your clear space and the size and shape. Print an example of that (like a scroll, banner, etc) and place and tape that on your other two sheets.

Then lay a sheet of tracing paper over the top... trace a new pattern to use on the leather. Adjust the tracing as needed for the flow between the first two sheets.