Sign in to follow this  
lowlife

Electra Glide Gas Tank Dash Panel

hello folks lurked here for a while and made a couple post but this is the first pic that I have posted from anything I have tooled for a couple reasons. FIRST OF WHICH I SUCK WHEN IT COMES TO CARVING AND TOOLING. I have NO artistic ability what so ever. I cant draw a straight line with a pencil and a ruler LOL.

I am a Firefighter/Paramedic for a living and a hard core get up ever morning waiting for next turkey season TURKEY HUNTER. I mostly make FF suspenders, radio straps and turkey call haolsters and pouches, but I also belong to FIRE AND IRON Firefighters MC. So i was sitting at the house mwssing around and thought I would give this a try and it turned out great in my eyes considering my ability. I know the letters are some what jacked up but all in all turned out pretty well.

Kehl

post-31622-0-81768200-1358258651_thumb.j

Looks pretty good to me, the "jacked up" letters give it "charachter"

Keep up the work and it will get better as you go.

Dude for a guy who can't draw a straight line with a ruler that looks AMAZING!!! It is done so well!!

I would be extremely proud of that!!!

I don't see anything "jacked up" about it. Some of the lettering looks a little off, but it ended up in such a way that it looked intentional :)

The whole thing is nice and crisp. Very cool!

I second all the comments above. The lettering being off keeps it from looking mass produced. I have done a few pieces with super straight block or logo lettering and it kind of bugs me every time that someone asks which catalog it came out of. Coloring looks great with a bunch of small details which can be a pain. Keep up the good work bro.

HOLY COW! I've never posted here before but do a lot of lookin I'm with spinner on this one, it doesn't look like it came out of a catalog and if you have to look that hard to find something wrong there shure as H*** isn't anything wrong. Darn nice work for a guy that calls himself Lowlife.

Thanks guys for the comments. I can trace ANYTHING lol but drawing and figuring out where to shade and background and tool like tha I am still in the learning process. What little carving I do I try not to have to shade and background for this reason. Just try to use the "KISS" (keep it simple stupid) method for my stuff.. Believe me the lettering being off was not on purpose. The frigin font was off and I didnt catch it till I had already traced it onto the leather. I gues what Im saying about the letters also is I wish I had gottten alittle crisper and smoother lines than I did

Kehl

Believe me the lettering being off was not on purpose. The frigin font was off and I didnt catch it till I had already traced it onto the leather. I gues what Im saying about the letters also is I wish I had gottten alittle crisper and smoother lines than I did

Kehl

It's something to work on for next time. You see it so you can fix it :)

I saw what you meant originally, but it came out looking good. There are a few fonts out there with that kind of style, so you basically just ended up with a different style that still works - happy accident!! :)

I already have a budddy wanting one so I went to fix the font and make a few adjustments and your right its one of those fonts that just different