Sign in to follow this  
Haystacker

Lcr Pancake Holster

I thought this LCR pancake holster turned out well. It is the factory dyed mahogany leather from RJF leather.

I make a lot of the 2 tone holsters using the mahogany leather and then air brushing the edges with the Tandy Pro water stain black. But this LCR holster looked so good plain I just had to finish it this way.

post-5298-0-01236900-1359239752_thumb.jp

post-5298-0-79050100-1359239764_thumb.jp

Very nice! I would really like to see the back of the speedstrip holder to see how it attaches to the belt. I have been wondering about ordering from RJF. I have been scared about buying leather sight unseen, but that looks to be some very nice quality. Mind if I ask what weight you are using?

Nice job, Jeff. How do you like the waterstain out of the airbrush? Any problems? Thinned or straight?

Schwebel- The pouch is pretty simple. It wraps around the belt. When you open the pouch, the quick strip almost pops into your hand. The holster is 7/8 and the pouch is 6/7.

Sooper - I have been using the waterstain for at least a year. It works better than anything else. On this holster rig, I just used the drum dyed leather, oiled and then finished. I did use the Tandy pro edge paint. It works much better than the Febings edge. Actually I will not use Febings again. I either dye the edges with the water stain or I use the pr edge stuff.

Colt - I bought a back of each color. I like all of the colors. But I sell mostly black, 2 tone mahogany and black or mahogany.

post-5298-0-93254500-1359256817_thumb.jp

When i've put waterstain on an edge, in particular, a black edge on a natural belt, I could see a faint creeping of the fluid (water I assume) out from the edge into the surrounding leather. It ends up looking like a waterstain to me. Just a fine line along the black. Not sure how to prevent that other than going back to spirit dye on the edge, which burnishes better anyway I have found.