Sign in to follow this  
lazyd

Shoe Makers Tools

I have this shoe makers equipment here. I don't have a use for it in my saddle and harness shop. Can anyone use it ?? I like to trade or make me an offer. Thanks-----------Bill

post-13698-0-11873600-1359322658_thumb.j

OK , if no one wants to buy these, can some one at least tell me what they are and what they are used for ?------------Bill

I'm not an expert...I cannot remember what they are called...but I think these are used to glue soles on shoes. You'd glue the inside of the sole and the outside of the midsole. Mate them together. Put the proper metal plate inside the shoe. Then you would put the shoe in this press and screw the plate down to help with the bonding process.

Thank you ! That makes sense. Maybe there is a different method for doing that now days...???--------------------Bill

We have a method in the shoe trade now called 'hydraulics'! :)

Maybe if I ever run across a set of blinder molds, I could use the press for those...??? So maybe I should keep that but the irons are for sale or trade. They are probably worth about $100/ton.------------Bill