TheCleverLeather

Hello From Ohio!

Hi! My name is Cathy and I reside in Ohio. Many years ago, I had to give up leather crafting to work fulltime+ and raise my children. Well, now that the kids are grown, and I became unemployed last spring, I picked up the craft again, thanks to the encouragement of my kids! Wow! I sure did forget how therapeutic this is!! Anyway, This past fall, I started selling at craft shows and designing my own wallets, trinket boxes and molded masks, etc...I am hoping to learn from others here about tooling tips and more. Here are a couple of my pics to show you:

post-38701-0-51142700-1359565382_thumb.j

post-38701-0-44488000-1359565413_thumb.j

post-38701-0-41818300-1359565638_thumb.j

post-38701-0-18967000-1359565663_thumb.j

A fellow Ohioan.

Only real fault I have with your products? Too shiny.

You are good enough to try some larger products.

Good luck

ferg

I like your work ,I also agree with 50 years leather "Too Much Shine" . From a money stand point I would focus on your masks and the naughty side it brings out in people . That in my opinion is a retail winner with lots of directions to go in . Spice up your booth and imply "Naughty" its just crazy enough to be stacking up the dollars . I tried bracelets some years back : result ,in stores with a high traffic volume they were having birthdays on the shelf . Not a good thing . After a month I dropped that line of stuff and will not be bringing it back . My suggestion is take the time spent on those and do a hot looking chocker ( Not with bone or native American looking) Go for the high end jewellery look with sparkle and flash . Something for the bedroom and the night club look. Marry that with your masks and you will have a attention getter at the shows . All you need is a chance to sell and that requires getting their attention and getting them to stop . Put your chokers and your masks in a custom box and sell as a unit, the steam punk design with the gears is a good idea . Here your market focus should be "Bridal Shower Gifts " Combining items allows for a hefty price upgrade . I am just thinking out loud here so take my words or pass them by . You have a good line of stuff and a tiny bit of tweaking will make you smile all the way to the bank . Just think "Its all about having fun " Bill

Welcome to the forum~

Hey, Cathy, . . . fellow buckeye here, . . . near the Marion area.

I'm a holster, belt, scabbard, sheath, gun bag guy, . . . quit wallets after both of the first two were super successes. Ain't pushing that luck.

Anyway, . . . welcome, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks for the acceptance here and thanks for the input! Is there any way I can dull the shine?

Ferg - This stuff all has super shene on it because I didn't know what else to use. Any sugestions?

Dwight - I'm in NW by the lake.

Bill - I'm already on it. Making glam and bling chokers to go with the masks. What you didn't see on the display table were the leather thong undies with lace. :devil: .