NewYorkerInSydney

Clicker Die Makers/sources. Im Desperate.

Hello everyone,

Will you please recommend some of the best makers of leather clicker dies? I live in Australia and would be happy with either a local or anywhere else on the planet as long as they are really good. I recently found a local here who everyone in town recommends, but I find him incredibly difficult to work with, too expensive and unbelievably the dies area always crooked, or not even or aligned and they have to keep being redone. Im so unhappy and I'm really over this experience, but don't know where else to go. I desperately need excellent quality, perfect alignment and no crookedness. Thanks for your help and suggestions

Nyis

I just got a die from Texas custom Dies and I was pleased with the results. It wasn't an especially difficult one but it was one for a cover that was the same on both sides so that I cut out two pieces and stitched them together, it was very important that it was perfect otherwise when I reversed the one piece of leather to stitch it onto the other it wouldn't have matched up. (Hopefully that makes sense). It matched up perfectly so I couldn't really ask for much more. The turn around time was good as was the price. I can't say for sure if they ship to Australia but I'd imagine they would.

The die also came with some ejection rubber in it but I found it easier to just pop the leather out with my finger.

Here's a picture of the die with the finished cases.

52031B43-45D8-41A5-8697-5CE55070E820-5949-000004777065705D_zpsd2c2ae80.jpg

Edited by billymac814

Yes they ship to Australia I've got some hand punches on the way now, hopefully they will get here by the end of the week. I've also used Lucris in Queensland and they were pretty helpful.

Cheers,

Clair

Yes they ship to Australia I've got some hand punches on the way now, hopefully they will get here by the end of the week. I've also used Lucris in Queensland and they were pretty helpful.

Cheers,

Clair

Oh thats great. I will contact those Texas folks then. As far as Lucris, I absolutely do not recommend those people for anything at all. Absolutely dreadful to work with and completely unhelpful. I have never encountered another vendor who I nearly had to beg to purchase something from and get any civil response from. I absolutely hate that I have given them any business. He is beyond rude and completely unhelpful. A few other leather workers I know feel the same way. I have no idea why some people make it so friggin hard to do business with them. No idea. I dont know how they stay in business. But Ill try the Texas folks. Cheers.

ah ok I never had any trouble with Lucris, was a few years ago though. Probably before they got busy now I realise why you asked about clicker machines a couple of times.

Cheers,

Clair

Ditto on Texas Custom Dies. I recommend them. They have made some great dies for me with some difficulties in the lines and cuts needed.

You could give Chris a try at PRO die also he make great, and reasonably priced dies and is easy to work with, he is on here as clicker. or you can e-mail him at prorodeodies@gmail.com

I recently had a problem with a die from Texas Custom Dies and they fixed it right away without a hitch. They are great people to do business with. I highly recommend them. -- Tex

I had the folks at Texas Custom Dies make several dies with very difficult lines and they turned out spot on, great people to deal with and excellent craftsmanship.