Sign in to follow this  

I finished my first wallet and first item I've made in leather for that matter. I am new to leatherworking, I bought a leathercraft kit from Tandy's about a month ago and this is the wallet that came with the kit. Thanks for looking - Let me know what you think.

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

Nice Job! It may be a kit, but that's really nice work on the design. You've done really well on the coloring, too.

I like it a lot. What color was the dye/stain you used?

Good gracious! I'd say you have a VERY bright future in leatherworking. That wallet's one helluva lot nicer than my first one.

Congratulations, and thanks for posting your pics! :trumpet:

Regards, -Alex

Thanks everybody - I really appreciate the comments and encouragement! I used three different stains from tandy for the wallet- all eco-flo leather dye. I started with a base color of range tan, then I applied some java brown from the edges in toward the center then put dark cocoa brown from the edges toward the center. Then I finished it all with super sheen. I am working on another wallet for my wife. It was a checkbook kit from Tandy but I am just using the outer piece of leather and I am making a custom interior - it will be a long biker style wallet. I just finished putting dye on last night and should have it done by next week some time. I will post pics when I am finished.