raysouth

Raina Adhesives & Glue Pots

Howdy All.

Seeking a good source for Raina Adhesives and some of the plastic glue pots I see on the site.

Any assistance will certainly be appreciated.

God Bless.

Ray

Ray,

I get mine from Frankford Leather. You may need an account with them. You can also get them from I Sachs in Chicago. If you have any difficulty message me and I can get you some.

Southern Leather.

Art

Thank you for the tips. I will try to bring them up on the net.

Glue work for me is the pits. Probably the only thing that I cannot get excited about. I try very hard to keep everything neat and always seem to end up getting glue where I don't want it. lol.

Thought I might try some of Raina product as the basic contact cement I have been using is probably lesser quality than I should use. No idea as not a glue officianado.

Saw the plastic glue pot that you are using , Billymac, and would like to try that as well. Been using directly from the can and not happy with that. Sure wish some experienced leathercrafters lived in my area.

Thanks again and I will continue onward.

God Bless.

Ray

Frankford has a website but they don't show prices without an account. Southern leather may, I've never dealt with them.

The Renia products are not only top notch and super strong they are relatively safe compared to some others. You still want to have proper ventilation of course but they have no MEKs and toluene. I use the Colle de cologne mostly.

Also FYI Masters MULTI purpose is the same exact cement, they buy it from Renia in 55 gal drums and repackage it. I don't personally use it only because I can't help but think that it would have to age a little more during that transaction but that's all hypothetical, I'm sure its fine. Don't get confused though as the ALL PURPOSE is different.

You also need to use their special thinner with it but I never need to thin it using those pots and I was told by the Renia rep that he doesn't recommend thinning it.

Those glue pots are the best hands down, nothing else compares and I've tried all other types, they all allow too much evaporation which happens very quickly in these modern cements. I have two of those expensive Teflon pots sitting on a shelf that are useless and in a matter of days it'll turn into a solid block. They are ok for certain cements but not these.

Lastly ill add one thing. If you or anyone else decides to use the Colle De Cologne you need to start off with a new cement pot. I can assure you the slightest contamination with another cement will cause it to get pretty nasty. When I switched I thought I'd clean out my pot and I had it pretty clean and it got stringy right away, I almost wrote off the cement and quit using it until I figured out it was contaminated.

Anyone tried any of the Renia Aquilim line?

http://www.customboots.net/customboots.net/SNF_glues.html

.....Those glue pots are the best hands down, nothing else compares and I've tried all other types, they all allow too much evaporation which happens very quickly in these modern cements. I have two of those expensive Teflon pots sitting on a shelf that are useless and in a matter of days it'll turn into a solid block. They are ok for certain cements but not these.....

What is the brand name of the glue pots referred to here? Thank you.

I just got one from Ohio Travel Bag. The only writing on the thing is "Made in Italy" and "Minor 0.4-3012 Container"

The pamphlet that came with mine says:
"Contenitori Per Colle"

Which just means Glue Containers...

and... "Saldati a ultrasuoni"

Ultrasonic sealing.

Thank you. The one from Ohio Travel Bag and the one from linked to Amazon look identical. I will give one a try.