RLBLeather

First Holster - Critique Please

Been doing belts, purses, wallets etc. for several years. This is my first holster, for a 357 magnum revolver.

What do you see? Be tough, I want them to be right before selling.

Thanks, Rick

post-22741-0-94616900-1362085995_thumb.j

looks decent to me. Noticed the burnished edges and the nice detail. I've never made one so no practical advice from me though sorry.

I think it looks ok the basket weave is a little weak the carving looks cool do you think it would look better if it was lined? Not sure on the trigger cover it may need to be a little higher hopefully one of the holster guys will make a comment.

Doug

basket weave is a little weak

Yeah, I agree the basket weave is more than a little weak. No excuses.

Thanks Doug

looks decent to me. Noticed the burnished edges and the nice detail. I've never made one so no practical advice from me though sorry.

Thanks Greene

Well done! I like your carving!

OK< here it is: Hammer strap is to long and to low, your carving/stamping is a bit shallow, the edge paint could use abit less smudge, be more precise when aplying edge paint, your holster could use a liner or use a sealer to get rid of the fussy look!

And the top end stitching needs to come arround an inch or so back in the dirrection of the end of the barrel, makes it much stronger and looks good.

Ohhh, and did I mention you did real well for a first holster.....you will make more soon and they will get better and better....so here it is.

Greetings

James

James

I didn't pay enough attention to the carving or B/W. more interested in making a design that would work.

You're right. I see many small improvements to make on the next one. Think I just added a new product line (sometime in the future). What would you line with, glazed pigskin?

Thanks a lot for your comments.