Cogs

Who Made This Shoulder Holster?

Chesty Puller Shoulder holster

I like this design and would like more info on it. It was suggested that it may offer good support for a S&W 500 mag.

Bill

Alright here's the pic...

post-19107-0-82415400-1362844754_thumb.p

Thanks, Mike. I checked it out and it looks okay. Not convinced yet. I'll keep looking around for something that says... "Yes, I'm the holster you want to make!".

Bill

Bill,

I remember a leather worker out of Alaska that used to make something similar but they have gone out of business. I do not know who currently makes it. There are a couple of guys here on the forum that have made something like that.

Edited by Frank

Martins Gunleather makes that one.

http://marstongunleather.com/Hunting_Rigs.html

I would suggest looking at the M7 version of the military tankers holster..... gives more versatility and support for that big of weapon....There is a PDF on the last page of my web site that goes over the M7. There easy to make and you can pick up an old used one for the 45 and modify it for the bigger weapons.

look up the Diamond D "Guides Choice" model. Nearly everyone on the Alaska shooting forum that carry X frame Smiths prefer it over any other holster. I've made/make a derivation of this style and it is by far the best hunting rig I have ever used.