oldtimer

Adler 30-1 Patcher

I bought an Adler 30-1 patcher today. The serial # is 110259. Is there any website where I can see when the machine was made. . From the condition of the machine it seems like it is never used! There is a hand written note on the manual: sept 29, 1968. Can this be the year of manufacture? (The camera made the green machine grey)

/ Knut

post-5173-0-20020900-1363994040_thumb.jp

post-5173-0-21039800-1363994153_thumb.jp

post-5173-0-45420500-1363994235_thumb.jp

Don't know what you paid but that is one sweet looking patcher.

Wow, that machine looks nice!! I've seen some on YouTube running. I'm sure there's a way you could find out.

I paid way too little ! :thumbsup: About 400 $$ in US currency

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKlV4NTOtGk

This is an amazing machine...look how it changes direction with a turn of the foot!

Are copies of the manual available? I picked up two of them, and need a manual, so I know how to operate it correctly.

The manual that I got with my machine is in german, and it is an eternity since I studied german at school.... Well, there are pics! :dunno:

Edited by oldtimer

Haha! I'd have to have my German friend translate for me. Well at least with this newfangled internet thingy translations are getting easier.

You need to know that on the sliding cam attached to the take-up lever barrel inside the trapeze, the words Dick and Dorf mean thick and thin. You set the position to "Dick" when you need extra thread on top for thick work, like over 1/4 inch. You'd set the lever to Dorf, for 1/8 inch sewing or less. 1/8 to 1/4 would use a medium position.

Thank´s Wiz, sounds like important info! I I have figured what the setting was about, but... Now I know!!

/ Knut