KnotHead

My Trenza De Doce Bracelet.

On this bracelet I thought I would try a new clasp out for wear and tear and durability. Perfect bracelet for me. LOL...

post-1307-0-95319400-1364839926_thumb.jppost-1307-0-03118500-1364839930_thumb.jppost-1307-0-82721900-1364839932_thumb.jp

B...

G'day Brian,

You've done some really tidy braiding there. Even if it was just a little crooked it would spoil an item like that but you've got it spot on. I also like how the edges of your strands are laying nice and flat. So much tidier than if strands aren't bevelled. I really like your attention to detail.

Nice work, Brian.

Pete

G'day Brian,

You've done some really tidy braiding there. Even if it was just a little crooked it would spoil an item like that but you've got it spot on. I also like how the edges of your strands are laying nice and flat. So much tidier than if strands aren't bevelled. I really like your attention to detail.

Nice work, Brian.

Pete

Thank you very much for your very kind comment Pete.

Brian...

where can someone get the clasps that you use, I really like that.

Thanks

Bill

I found them on ebay.

Brian...

So I've been doing a little braiding - just learning! Out of curiosity, is that braided around something to get that shape? Ive never seen a braided bracelet like that - very cool and well done!

Thanks for the very kind comment. No. It's not braided around anything to get that shape. I used just 12 strings to braid this braid and then used my roller to flatten the braid out taking care to do the rolling out on all sides. There's no big secret to the braiding part either. It's just a standard under 2, over 2, under 2 sequence.

Brian...

Well that damn magnetic clasp turned my wrist green. So they're crappy. Don't buy them.

Brian...

Your work looks great as usual Brian. Thanks for the info on the clasps. I am thinking I should start making some things like this. Less time than reins and belts.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks Joe. I await your showing of your work.

B...

Sorry but I'm :rofl: at your arm turning green from the new clasp. Love the bracelet.

Well that damn magnetic clasp turned my wrist green. So they're crappy. Don't buy them.

Brian...

That's a shame - Very nice work on the bracelet - Can you not put some clear lacquer on the metal/skin contact area?

I was just thinking of putting a knot around the clasp. Maybe that will work. I don't know yet. LOL... Thanks for the idea.

Brian

That is a very nice bracelet. I think I will try to make one. I too bought some of those magnetic clasps. I had the same issue with it turning my wrist green, since the chrome coating wore off and is now copper I don't have a problem.

I know this site is in China. I have searched and haven't been able to find any manufacturers of these kinds of clasps in the USA.

I purchased the clasps from this website, you can order smaller quantities 10 - 50 sets. http://www.pandahall.com/beads/wholesale-Magnetic-Clasps/0-362-1.html?pcount=1&p1=1374. It takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get them. This link is to the stainless magnetic clasps, The magnets are pretty strong but sometimes if a braclet is too tight on the wrist and is bumped it will pop loose. I did find some that also have a twist lock. Just be sure to measuer the diameter of the braid and order the correct size.

Their main site is http://www.pandawhole.com/

Joe

Nice find Joe. Thanks for passing it on to me and the rest of us.

Brian...

Put some of those clasps on order Joe. Now is jus the waiting time. I think I'll make a new bracelet or two in the mean time. LOL...

B...