carr52

Flaming foot stencil

I thought this was worth posting. I didnt know it till i tried it. X-Flim makes great stencil media. You guys get to see my naked foot.

IMG_0002.JPG

post-6291-1220151306_thumb.jpg

Found a good site for free stencils but leather worker wont let me upload it. Anyway I just Yahooed free stencil and found it. Gonna try and airbrush them onto handbags. Sorry about the lousy picture.

Tom

IMG_0003.JPG

post-6291-1220199701_thumb.jpg

I've been stencilling my own t-shirts for a while now, and can vouch for x-ray file being awesome for making stencils.

I've found if you can't get xray film, a good alternative is overhead projector sheets, they're available in different weights and are pretty cheap, i pay about 20cents a sheet.

I've been stencilling my own t-shirts for a while now, and can vouch for x-ray file being awesome for making stencils.

I've found if you can't get xray film, a good alternative is overhead projector sheets, they're available in different weights and are pretty cheap, i pay about 20cents a sheet.

I just went to the Doctor and got copies of my own x-rays. As many operations as I've had they got tons of them. Anyway here is the dragon cut out. I'm thinking about trying to airbrush it on a peice first then wet it from the back side, then tool it. We'll see how that works out.

Tom

IMG_0004.JPG

post-6291-1220231133_thumb.jpg

The stencil worked out pretty good. My airbrush skills reallty suck. The purple background is just a color I was playing with. It's not meant to be a background. The flames looked alot clearer before they dried. I should have used a new peice of paper to do them like I did the dragon. Oh well, live and learn. The problem I was having was the stencil kept blowing out away from the paper if I got too close. I'll just keep practicing.

Tom

IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0008.JPG

post-6291-1220297496_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1220297523_thumb.jpg

Hey Carr...

In a past life I worked for a guy who airbrushed shirts. He kept his stencils from blowing around by shooting them with a little spray adhesive first, then burnishing them down with a rubber roller. Like the kind used to ink up a printing plate or something.... Just be sure not to buy the industrial super strong spray adhesive or your stencil will be stuck.

He had an old box fan he would turn on and stick the stencil to the intake side to hold it in place. Then shoot it with a little glue, turn off the fan, stick it to the shirt, burnish it down and shoot away. He could turn a shirt around inside about 7 minutes. Man I miss working for that dude. He was a cool cat.

He used a few stencils made of x-ray film. But he used quite a few made of poster board b/c he could cut the corners and fold them up to form a kind of barrier to keep overspray under control. Usually about an inch or so border around the stencils by folding up the edges and stapling them together.

You could also turn down your psi a little bit. But that can get tricky trying to dial in the correct amount of pressure for the liquid you're spraying. Might be easier to just glue the stencils down. Temporarily of course.

icon4.gif

and that's my .02 for today.