Hello,

If anyone has any advice on the suitability of this machine for my needs I would be very appreciative.

The machine I am looking at purchasing is a rebuilt Adler 467 Single Needle Walking Foot with Large Top Load Bobbin and Reverse ($1200+$200 shipping). I will be using the machine to sew together leather and canvas bags and also zippered pouches from 6-7 oz leather. I envision the maximum load being sewing 2 layers of 10oz bridle leather straps onto several layers of heavy canvas. I am relatively new to using a walking foot machine but I would still like to have to be able to make smooth, controlled and neat stitches, even around corners.

The machine is equipped with:

new 110V Nick-O Sew 3/4 HP Servo Speed Control Motor along with NKS-SR-2 Dual Speed Reducer

smooth feed dog

presser foot lift of 1/2"

maximum thread size is a T207

Just wondering if this sounds like the perfect machine for me? Would a different model be better?

Also, are there any questions or concerns that I should ask the dealer before making my purchase?

Many thanks in advance!

Leslie

Edited by Leslie Ryanne

That machine should suit your needs just fine. Adlers are nice machines. The speed reducer should give you plenty of torque for the thicker stuff. The only question is whether a flat bed machine will be suitable for bag making? If it is, then that machine will work just fine.

Andrew

I bought one of these from nick o sew.... Good machine! Very happy with it. I don't use it a ton, but when I do it's always a pleasure!

Great. Thank you.

Glad to hear the Adler & Nick O Sew have good reputations. Seems that I should be able to find parts online at a reasonable price, if needed.

awharness - what type or weight of leather/materials do you use with your Adler?

I don't really sew a ton of heavy leather, basically nylon, maybe up to 10 oz of oil or chrome tan, I have other heavy weight machines

I don't know where you're located Leslie, but if you're in the northeast you can come try it out if you want!