I no these ?'s get asked a lot. But I'm gonna ask em again. So bear with me. I found a #6 the fellas asking 1800 for it. He says he's had for 40yrs and it was his grandfathers before that. The grandpa done shoe work. He says it works good in the picture it looks damn clean. There is one row of lettering around the handwheel. There is no bobbin winder or needles with it.

After reading old post on this machine I still have ?'s. are needles still available and if so how expensive are they. Can I get a owners Manuel for it. Are parts still available. Bobbin winders sound as rare ad hens teeth.

The final question is this #6 worth $1800 and a eight hr round trip drive.

I know I could get a 441 clone for a few hundered more but I really love these old stitchers and it sounds like it will see anything I want from holsters to skirts to headstall parts. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

HI MIke, sounds like a good find, certainly worth 1800 in my opinion. I have a couple bobbin winders, however no, don't expect to get one with a machine, they are rare and very expensive. Yes needles are available from myself or try closer to home... Aaron Martin in Canada. I got a Pearson manual from Les in the UK a while back and posted it on the net, if you can't find it email me and I'll send you a copy. Also yes, parts are available, but remember these machines are heavy, they dont break much unless you drop them... I have parts if you need anything.

Sure you can get a 441 clone, with compound feed, reverse, run smooth as silk and great design thanks to Juki.... you'll also get light weight parts, screws that strip off if you lean on them. chalky castings etc.. its up to you.

I hope you get the machine and enjoy working with it. Regards Steve Bonnett

Singermania

Thanks for the info. I sent ya a pm

Mike

As far as a bobbin winder get a dowel that fits the bobbin cut a piece off and put in a cordless drill stick your bobbin on the dowel and you have a bobbin winder. I do that with some threads where i just have one spool of thread.

ad

Thanks dirtclod that's probably what I'll wind up doing. Although I would like to save enough pop/beer cans to get a original. I know that's alot of cans!!!

Mike

Truck load of mashed cans ought to do it. :cheers:

I no these ?'s get asked a lot. But I'm gonna ask em again. So bear with me. I found a #6 the fellas asking 1800 for it. He says he's had for 40yrs and it was his grandfathers before that. The grandpa done shoe work. He says it works good in the picture it looks damn clean. There is one row of lettering around the handwheel. There is no bobbin winder or needles with it.

After reading old post on this machine I still have ?'s. are needles still available and if so how expensive are they. Can I get a owners Manuel for it. Are parts still available. Bobbin winders sound as rare ad hens teeth.

The final question is this #6 worth $1800 and a eight hr round trip drive.

I know I could get a 441 clone for a few hundered more but I really love these old stitchers and it sounds like it will see anything I want from holsters to skirts to headstall parts. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Hi mike I use Pearsons as did my Dad and Grandad it's a very popular machine with harness makers like myself Ill do a full write up on the machine and post later, meanwhile here's a link to the manual courtesy of A muckart who's done an absolute Stirling job of remastering the manual including the diagrams (much much nicer than my copy) also a link to Aaron martins where parts and neadles are available.

http://alasdair.muckart.net/files/2012/12/BUSM-HM6-Manual.pdf

http://www.aaronmartin.com/product.php?catview=137

Les

Thanks for the info.

I'll be looking forward to the write up. I've read everything I could find on the net. But it would be nice to have additional info. I think we need a #6 page with good pics and info. in one place.

I've been cleaning all the old wax and gunk off of mine. In the process I've broke a couple of bolts off I need to replace. I still need to order some needles and such. I can't hardly wait to sew something on it!!

Thanks Again, Mike

I forgot to add the fella did find the original complet bobbin winder and a pricker foot.

Mike

Hi Rawhide1

I've had my Pearson for 40 yrs also. It came compleete with stand and bobbin winder extra shuttles and a few bobbins for the princely sum of $210.00 the extra $10.00 was for the crate.LOL. Over the years I've sewn holster rigs, repaired tack, made tow straps and whatever else that needed H.D. stitching. I made some improvements to my dear "Pear" like: attaching the winder on a bracket at the back of the machine, very handy. Needle guide, removeable table, swing out edge guide and extended the tray at the front. I recently got a pack of 10 needles and two bobbins for $121 not cheap from Warkov's in Winnipeg Cda. Aaron Martin have a good selection of the more common parts. I'll get a friend to post pics on this thread.

Good Luck and enjoy Leo.

Rawhide where in kanas are you. I live in nw Mo. 45 miles east of St. Joe. I have never used a #6 but I do have a good Landis #1. They use the same needles I don.t know if they use the same bobbin but they are the same style, If I can help let me know.

Leo

I would love to see pictures of you're set up. The removeable table is something I definitely want to build. I would also like to see how you have the bobbin winder set up. Right now I'm obsessed with the thing. I want to learn all its capabilities. It would also be nice to know what attachments one could get for it. Such as on mine where the spool of thread sets there's a hole with a round discolored wear spot. The wear spot is about the size of a copper washer for a rivet. I have no idea what was there. I'll stop rambling now.

Thanks, Mike

Leo

I would love to see pictures of you're set up. The removeable table is something I definitely want to build. I would also like to see how you have the bobbin winder set up. Right now I'm obsessed with the thing. I want to learn all its capabilities. It would also be nice to know what attachments one could get for it. Such as on mine where the spool of thread sets there's a hole with a round discolored wear spot. The wear spot is about the size of a copper washer for a rivet. I have no idea what was there. I'll stop rambling now.

Thanks, Mike

pcox

We must have been typing at the same time. As I didn't see your post till now. I live about 20 miles north of Wichita. I sure appreciate the offer to help. Don't be surprised if I give ya a holler.

Thanks, Mike

Hi there

Please forgive me interrupting but im new to this site and I have a #6 and was wondering where I could source a right hand foot pedal as mine was removed when I got it ( its had a motor fitted to it)

I would rather use it with treadle so I get more control over what I am sewing.

I know LES #6 is in uk but if you do read this les I was wondering what part of uk you are in and also do you make collars aswell as harness