Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and pretty new to leather work but after a couple of months of working with the cova paint from Tandy leather I'm not happy.

Is there any better options out there that are as quick to use? I'm not sure that I want to spend the time mixing oils and powders for color. Thanks!

try Angelus dyes..........they make acrylics and spirit dyes...... www.dharmatrading.com

Angelus is highly recommended and it's formulated well for leather. But, I would suggest using dye for anything with available colors. Dye will actually penetrate the leather and change its color, acrylic paints just sit on top and can eventually chip or flake off.

I agree with cybertrasher too..Angelus dyes is very pigment strong and goes a long way, make sure you get some deluter at the same time (denture alcohol will work fine) What I also like is the ablity to mix them as you want, get a whole lot of small glass jars :-)

I get mine from http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/dye.html they also have the pint size bottles, very good for colors you use often.

I am telling my daughters to save the baby food jars.........lol

I am telling my daughters to save the baby food jars.........lol

Everytime I know someone with a baby I request all their jars. What also works is the bouillon jars we get. Some are glass and some are plastic, but they're all great for mixing and storing finishes. They even have a nice seal on them. I was teaching myself pinstriping and used these to store paint after I mixed up a color. Didn't have any problems with too much film forming on the top.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Herb-Ox-Chicken-Bouillon-25-Ct-Bouillon-Cubes-3.33-oz/10291263