I made this one for a guy at work. It's an IWB for a 4" XD. I haven't posted anything in a long time and thought I would share. It's built with 8oz Wickett & Craig with Angelus light brown A.

post-13533-0-62320000-1367549573_thumb.j

post-13533-0-46949600-1367549584_thumb.j

Hey Bob, why not sandwich the t nuts between the wings?..

Hey Bob, why not sandwich the t nuts between the wings?..

I've seen several done that way and it looks cleaner with the t-nut sandwiched. I just thought if the t-nut got damaged it would be easy to change this way. I don't know if there's any real need to worry about that or not, I never had it happen. Have you had any trouble with t-nuts getting damaged and needing to be changed?

I prefer to sandwich mine when I can. But you need to use brad nail T nuts. They are the flat ones with holes for brad nails. I seriously doubt you will have any issues with a T nut. I would imagine loosing one that's not sandwiched would be the most likely problem of any.

Bit of advice. Plan your stitch line according to the metal base on the t nut. Nothing worse than grooving the stitch line and realizing there is a piece of metal under it.

Thanks guys. I'll try sandwiching the t-nuts next time.