I made these flasks for my daughter and her friends as a prom gift. We're having a good old fashioned southern BBQ dinner and they love them. But they have warned about putting booze in them. ;)

Fun project.

Thanks for looking

Murray

post-37480-0-69630000-1367700536_thumb.j

I like the flasks. I picked a flask up like that from a charity shop recently to have a go at making something with it. Not made anything yet, still learning.

Thanks Harag,

I had been wanting to give it a try and this situation just popped up. I love the way they turned out. I say, give it a go, its a fun little project.

I think they look great! Wouldn't mind giving a project like this a shot. How long did it take per flask roughly?

Thanks Vhakra,

Once I got the template set up, it only took about 35-45 minutes per. (not including, drying/dyeing times).

Murry, Would you mind sending me the template you made? Might have a go at this next weekend and still learning how to do templates and order of making items. Thanks

You've done a nice job here of capturing an old timey feel, from the lettering, to the antiquing, to the embellishments on the top and bottom. If you don't mind my asking, what did you use for the dye and/or antique?

Murry, Would you mind sending me the template you made? Might have a go at this next weekend and still learning how to do templates and order of making items. Thanks

If you use a standard 8 oz flask and 3-4 oz leather, you dont really need a template. Its more or less a rectangle 8" X 4 5/8". Then all that is left is deciding how you want to lace it.

You've done a nice job here of capturing an old timey feel, from the lettering, to the antiquing, to the embellishments on the top and bottom. If you don't mind my asking, what did you use for the dye and/or antique?

Thanks Rouge, thats what I was going for. I used Tandy Gel antique "Tan" rubbed it on all sloppy like and kept working it then wiped off excess and did it again.

Murray