Sign in to follow this  
SooperJake

Design Consistency-Perimeters

Do you (would you if you could) use the same perimeter pattern for a given holster design facilitating clicker die use, or do you have a pattern for every make and model holster you offer?

I have clicker dies for all my IWBs, I have several sizes that i can use for a wide variety of guns. I can modify the pattern after I click it out, to suit the gun.

Edited by mncarpenter

Currently, I make a pattern for each holster and keep it when I'm finished. But some patterns will serve multiple guns the way I make mine. But I could see the above idea working well by adjusting the dye cut piece to the gun. I do a lot of OWB hybrids and I have seriously considered a clicker since I can do almost all the guns on 4 styles of backer. And I could get away with clicking 2 of them and cutting the other 2 based on sales.

I make a pattern for each holster i do as well...i have about a hundred patterns stored in plastic folders...when i get a request for a certain gun, if i hav a pattern for it, ill reuse it..if not, i make another one..one day, i will have a pattern for everything..lol...i thought about the clicker die, but i just cant justify the expense...