Yanni

Reverse And Forward Stitch Length

I have a SEIKO LSW-8BL, I think is similar to the Consew 255RB.

http://www.industria...onsew_255rb.pdf

The stitch length on the reverse is shorter than on forward stitching.

We are making expensive leather bags here in the UK and need to backstitch at same length as on forward stitching.

Is this possible as I get contradicting opinions.

Thanks...

I find that by adjusting the inside foot to meet the feed dog slightly after the needle passes below the top of the dog, the reverse stitches more closely match the forward ones. I do this with no material under the feet. Try altering the point at which the inner foot makes contact with the leather, in relation to the tip of the needle making contact.

Wizcrafts,

I remembered this thread from awhile back and just used it this morning to fix an ugly backtack on one of my Consews.

Your posts have gotten me out of so many binds with my machines, and I want to thank you for your generous machine wizdom.

--Chris

See attached image below, this is under side of Seiko LSW-2BL (AKA Consew 255RB).

Keep in mind, Maximum stitch length is 6.2mm (1/4").

Here is how to adjust;

Set the stitch length dial, or push button for stitch length on the bed, depending on your subclass model, to the longest possible stitch. Loosen the lock nut on the threaded screw that you want to adjust front or back (as seen in image attached). Make sure that the machine is not stitching more than the maximum 6.2mm, or you will not be able to balance the stitches so they are the same front to back.

If you want to be as precise as possible with this adjustment, we use a piece of cardboard to run the needle through without thread, and then use a micrometer to measure distance between holes in the cardboard. Once set properly, tighten the lock nut, and make sure the adjusting set screw does not turn while you tighten the lock nut. This should give you the best chance to get things working properly. Hope this helps. Cheers.

SeikoLSW-2BLStitch-Length.jpg

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

WoW...Fantastic...just seen your thread Gregg...a million thanks.

I will try this at work hopefully tomorrow.

Do you have a guide for a PFAFF 335 or an Adler 269-373 too to adjust front and back stitches?

Happy to pay for the advice if that helps!....will make our leather bags look so much more professional.