WVTriker

Greetings From WV

Hello all,

I am brand new to leather crafting and eager to learn. Suggestions for reading materials/resources for newbie start ups will be appreciated.

Greg AKA WV Triker

Greg, welcome to Leatherworker.net. You'll find a lot of good reading here online, but if you're interested in books, then Tandy Leather Factory has a whole bunch of them. It might help to know what kind of leatherwork you're interested in, for example, belts or motorcycle seats or holsters...

Thanks for the introduction!

Regards, -Alex

The Leatherworking Handbook available at Tandy is a pretty good starting book. The 3 book series of Making Leather Cases is also good. Welcome and have fun.

As the other have stated the Tandy books are good, but I am new to leather working myself and I think I have learned more here than from anywere else, you have found a great site!!

Welcome!!!

Hey Greg and Welcome neighbor.. I am in Taylor County ,, Grafton , WV Holler if you are close...

Ken

Welcome Greg!

For a practical start, Tandy is good. This Forum will teach you much more.

The Forum, and it's members have a list of suppliers here:

http://www.leatherworker.net/suppliers.htm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

I plan on scouring the forum as absorbing as much as possible. I think my next order will include that manual from Tandy.

I've only made a few small items thus far; couple of oval shaped hair barrettes, a Zippo case (almost done) and a key fob. I feel more comfortable with each little step. Eventually I think I'd like to make myself a holster or two, belts and maybe some biker gear. Gee, I reckon I want to try it all! LOL

I'm down in Cabell County, by the way, along the Ohio River.

Edited by WVTriker

Welcome to another 'EER! You made a great choice by joining up here. You will find nothing but help from one and all. I'm in the hollers of Fayette county, tooling some leather and banging away on the bike.

Oops....see the cabel county thing now.....that's down in Herd country

Edited by HollerBornCustoms

Hi Greg welcome to the site, Don