Mikexd40

Fly Fishing Pack. Off The Bench This Evening.

I have been playing around with leather for just over a year now and have made some bags and purses for family members. Figured it was time I make something for myself. It's a double Austin shoulder 8-9oz. Hand sewn and I love it. Check out leatherandcanvas.com or .org. It's where I got the idea from. It is modeled after the old wicker creel. It is drying from being wet molded right now. I want to take it out on a river now.

post-41616-0-33592200-1373337866_thumb.j

post-41616-0-97290000-1373337885_thumb.j

post-41616-0-69482900-1373337906_thumb.j

Great idea!

I can see from your photos you put some thought into it and did some great planning in the construction of this bag

Great job!

Thank you. I finally learned that instead of building the bag an then fighting it to put accessories that I thought of on it, like I have done on my first duffle and two purses. I learned to get that stuff done before the sewing and its a bunch easier. The thin sleeve that is on te inside is for my leaders, so they stay nice and flat and my forceps are easily accessible as well as the d-ring on the back for my other tools.

That is pretty cool! Looks like its the right size. I always make bags too big and then hate to carry them cause I always fill them up.

How deep is the water you normally fish in? Has it got drain holes?

Nice looking pack! Is the Austin leather water resistant like Latigo? I've never used it before and don't know anything about it.

Bob

I have made phone cases, belts, and a belt loop for my work keys that I wear everyday out of it and it has held up very well when being drenched in sweat everyday. Water resistant, no but water durability yes