entiendo

Knobs

I have been watching this thread with great intrigue and had an idea, all of the sudden...

I may just be cutting on the wrong side of the branch with this one, as this is nowhere near anything I have any expertise in, but here goes. What if you made a small patch that was slightly larger than the hole you wanted to be closing on the end of the drawer pull and then came up onto it like you did in the above picture? What I mean is, if there was a similarly patterned plug for your hole, you closed off your stitching and cinched it all down, it might blend in and even have sufficient friction to keep it all in place.

This is very likely to be a complete wild card, so take it with the proper prescription of iodized sodium. It was just an idea that seemed feasible to my limited understanding.

Joe, I went online & looked at some of the stuff at the World Leather Debut. The main problem I would have with an entry is that those people are GOOD. Maybe a couple of years. Hopelessly lost but makin' good time. Buck

Those folks are really good. I will be braiding some rawhide item next year. Just don't know what at the moment.

I borrowed this pic from a post by rgerbitz. it is pinned. this shows what I was talking about with a piece of leather, which I think is what shtoink is saying also. I still think it looks great the way you have it. Buck http://leatherworker.net/forum/uploads/monthly_10_2010/post-5521-042769000%201287530680_thumb.jpg