Jeff L

Loaded Chamber Indicators...

Those pesky little protrusions on the newer model firearms....Do you account for them in your holsters?... Some have them some don't and they vary in location from model to model. Do you check with your customers before molding to block them out if needed?

I have not run into an indicator that protrudes to the point that it causes issues. I mold as i normally do.

Anyone else run into an issue?

Have not had any issues with the models I have done. When checking I have found the curve of the throat on the avenger allows for it without any contact. Pancakes have sort of a built in sight channel that also seems to accommodate those pesky little indicators.

I have a Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro that has the indicator on the right side. I didn't take it into account when molding and it has roughed up the inside after carrying for about a week now. I'm going to try to go back in with gum trag and fix it the best I can, but I will definitely consider that in future designs. The Springfield XDm's have never been a problem b/c they are on the top and the sight channel takes care of it.