Randyc

Stitching with the Artisan Toro 3000

Thanks folks!

Art

Bob,

I think I follow you so here goes...

If you are seeing a "gopher Tunnel" on the back side of your work along the thread path, your presser foot pressure may be excessive.

My Toro 4000 does not have a feed dog as it is only a needle feed machine.

Matt

Thanks Matt,

The stock plate is fine as long as I am making a holster with the flesh side on the back. When I produce one with the grain on front and back I get a continuous depression running with the thread on the bottom of the work. Looks like a little gofer tunnel if you get my drift. I assume it is from the opening on the feed dog, when the presser foot presses down on the leather and the feed dog comes up, the grain is forced through that slot on the feed dog forming that depression.

I thought maybe the slotted needle plate or holster plate would eliminate that since you have to remove the feed dog with either of those installations, and of course the narrower needle slot.

Maybe I'll try making the feed dog thinner…?

Thanks again!

-bob

Bob,

I think I follow you so here goes...

If you are seeing a "gopher Tunnel" on the back side of your work along the thread path, your presser foot pressure may be excessive.

My Toro 4000 does not have a feed dog as it is only a needle feed machine.

Matt

Matt,

I may just get the slotted needle plate and see how it runs with the feed dog removed.

Thanks,

-bob

In the market for a machine in this price range. I also would like a machine for making holsters, belts, mag pouches, motorcyle tool bags, etc. Is this machine a compound or triple feed machine? i don't know much, but i was told that a compund machine would be best for not leaving marks on the underside of the project. Please help!

In the market for a machine in this price range. I also would like a machine for making holsters, belts, mag pouches, motorcyle tool bags, etc. Is this machine a compound or triple feed machine? i don't know much, but i was told that a compund machine would be best for not leaving marks on the underside of the project. Please help!

I use the Toro 3000 for holsters, belts, CMSA gunrigs, mag pouches, chaps, and saddles...no problems. One of many good machines available. If you check out the Leather Sewing Machines forum you'll find lots of info.

Russ