garym

Latest Bike Project

this was drawn by a close friend, and he wanted this tooled and embossed on his Harley Street Glide farring. Many hous spent on this project. You will notice the lower feathers are not cut and lifted due to the way the air will hit the bike. All others were cut and lifted. The face was heavily embossed

:whatdoyouthink:

Marks_streetglide_A__6_.jpg

Marks_streetglide_B__2_.jpg

Marks_streetglide_C__3_.jpg

Marks_streetglide_E__5_.jpg

Marks_streetglide_F__6_.jpg

post-790-1221486090_thumb.jpg

post-790-1221486096_thumb.jpg

post-790-1221486104_thumb.jpg

post-790-1221486109_thumb.jpg

post-790-1221486114_thumb.jpg

Gary, That looks awesome!! You got a very happy friend I imagine!!

How did you attach it to the bike, I can see the upper portion looks to be tucked under the glass trim piece, did you cement the rest?

WOW. I would be afraid to get it splattered with bugs and road grime. Very awesome.

Wow, your friend has a very exclusive motorcycle front!!

Everything looks fantastic and I assume you airbrushed the colours?

The dominatong question for me and probably a bunch more people is what actions you took to preotect it from weather and wind? One would have to assume that he has to drive through an occasional rain from time to time. I used to shower daily for a long perid (two-three months) with a set of pilot bracers I have wich are sealed with acrylics and those still look good, any distress they show are other factors like heat and punishment of other kind but they are one just black and one brown antiqued wich has significantly darkened over the years.

Excellent work :notworthy::clapping:

Tom

very cool piece!!

i like the embossed skull and lifted feather tips :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Did you lift the cheek bones from the eye sockets?

and the brow above the eyes from the eye sockets too?

What did you use to weather resist it?

Very cool piece to repeat Beeza

My concerns were the weather and bugs and such when I was asked to do this piece. I really did not want to do it at first but he insisted. As far as the mounting, the uper and lower sections were skived very thin to allow to go under the windshield trim and the headlight mount. the main piece it not glued it is just mounted at the top and bottom. we glued felt to the bak so it would not scratch the farring. After it was installed we took the bike out and I was watching the piece to see if the wind would be a concern. It does not move at all. It was all hand painted with Acrylics except the backround was done with Fiebings Black. As far as the finish, it was spray with Neat Lac. After a couple weeks of wear we heated up Snow Proof and this was applied as well. The Cheeks, eybrows , nose and mouth were very heavily embossed using marbles. hope I answered all questions. this was a very interesting project. I got allot of thumbs up at the Roar to The Shore in Wildwood N.J. a few weeks ago. And allot of folks just starring at it and saying "WOW" !! that is amazing

My concerns were the weather and bugs and such when I was asked to do this piece. I really did not want to do it at first but he insisted. As far as the mounting, the uper and lower sections were skived very thin to allow to go under the windshield trim and the headlight mount. the main piece it not glued it is just mounted at the top and bottom. we glued felt to the bak so it would not scratch the farring. After it was installed we took the bike out and I was watching the piece to see if the wind would be a concern. It does not move at all. It was all hand painted with Acrylics except the backround was done with Fiebings Black. As far as the finish, it was spray with Neat Lac. After a couple weeks of wear we heated up Snow Proof and this was applied as well. The Cheeks, eybrows , nose and mouth were very heavily embossed using marbles. hope I answered all questions. this was a very interesting project. I got allot of thumbs up at the Roar to The Shore in Wildwood N.J. a few weeks ago. And allot of folks just starring at it and saying "WOW" !! that is amazing

Thanks for the info, only stuff unavailable in Sweden for proofing, as usual.

Very nice work with the brushes.

Tom