wyomingcowboy

Help! I Need To Darken Some Finished Pieces

I am having a continuing saga - I can't make my leather match in color. I am using fiebings sheridan brown antique and have a nice chocolate brown color on two chap yokes, but I cannot duplicate it on any others. My biggest problem is that I went ahead and wyo sheened over the lighter pieces already. I need to make them a little darker. I guess I could try to antique over them again and see what happens.

I was planning to lay them out in the sun today and see if that does anything but this happens to be one of 4 days a year where there is complete cloud cover and no sign of letting up!

Have you any ideas that I can try? I am very crunched for time and don't want to start all over but I guess that is always an option. I have until Wednesday to get everything sewn together and ready to deliver.

TIA

I would try deglazing to remove the Wyo sheen then re dye.

Is there any deglazer I can buy at home depot? I am 2 hours away from the closest leather supply and at least 3 days away if or mail order.

Update:

I had to start all over. We never did get any sun in time so I just cut new pieces and started all over. We did get a little sun the next day so I parked the oiled pieces on the dash in the parking lot for a few hours and it worked out nice. I guess I'll just have to not get into positions like that again. My overall finish was lacking in my mind because I had to really rush things and used hair dryers and fans to speed up drying times. I really would like to say that I won't get into this spot again but I know that's unrealistic. Anyone else have these same issues?