nmlvaio101

Germany Locations

I don't know where to post this, but I have finally change duty stations to Ansbach Germany. I am still having trouble finding stores around my local area. Does anyone have any resources?

Hi

I'm from Germany and I'm afraid I have bad news for you. In Germany leathercraft isn't as popular as in the us so there are not as much stores. In addition, tools and stuff is quite expensive because much of the tools is imported. 

In Munich there is bear gallery by Rene berends he's got all the Tandy stuff  plus some better tools, look at bear-gallery.de. Prices are a bit on the high side, when you have bigger orders, it's cheaper to order from Tandy in Britain or Spain. You can order by email. 

Best leather source I found so far is kobel leder. Small tannery in northern Germany, you can order by email too. Website is kobel-leder.de. 

There are a few others. Lederhaus.de and lederkram.de 

I forgot the website of another company. It's called bähr sattlerbedarf. Google for that and you'll get the right website. 

From all the above I don't know if they speak English, except for Rene berends from bear gallery who spent some year in the united states. You can try to contact the other in English as its common to learn it in school here. 

If you have any difficulties or need help in translating something, you can write me a pm, I will try to help ya. 

Hope you enjoy your stay in Germany. Some very nice folks around here and the beer is good too ;)

Jonathan

Rickert Werkzeuge is not far, but I think this is just an online shop.

The Bear Gallery, near Munich, here you can find a great selection. You need to login first.

Then there's - Die Ledermacher. They are also not very far away from you, But please ask first if you can buy at the store or online only.

More I can not remember now in Bavaria.

max

Rickert Werkzeuge ist nicht weit, aber ich glaube das ist nur ein online-shop.

The Bear Gallery nahe München, hier findest Du eine große Auswahl. Du musst Dich vorher anmelden.

Dann gibt es noch - Die Ledermacher- . Die sind auch nicht sehr weit weg von Dir, aber bitte vorher fragen ob Du am Lager kaufen kannst oder nur online.

Mehr fällt mir in Bayern jetzt nicht ein.

Max

Hi nmlvaio,

first of all: welcome to Germany ;)

As I live near Munich, I don´t really now any shop around Ansbach, but a quick google search tld me there should be one in Nürnberg:

Kromwell Pelart GmbH

Thumenberger Weg 26

90491 Nürnberg

Telefon: (0911) 58076-0

Sadly they don´t have a homepage and I don´t know them. But they should sell leather and tools.... maybe you just try it out.

As Jazznow said leathercraft isn´t as popular over here, but we still got some nice stores I think. If you want to order stuff from the internet (from germany) there are a lot more options for you.

The Beargallery in the south of munich has all Tandy and some Goodsjapan stuff plus some specials (but - as Jazz said - a little more expensive) plus Rene isn´t selling the stuff, he just does workshops and lives in austria right now. Her (ex-)wife sells the stuff, but I think she should be able to speak english ;)

But there are also others with lower prices on the same stuff like "Die Ledermacher", "Rickert-Werlzeuge", or those Jazz mentioned. (They also more or less sell the tandy + japan stuff) In Berlin is a Tandy-store, called "hobby Leder", you might wanna have a look at that and if you are going to the north of Germany (like Schleswig-Holstein) You might want to visit "Leder Detmer". They got a lot of leather and some tools, dyes and stuff. But sadly they mainly sell chromeleathers.

At least my favorite shop (yet) is in Kiel (also S-H) called "Lederhandlung Klaus Flach". A really little store with nice hides, rawhides and - if you are interested - also flawed one (some look really interesting and, of course, are cheaper. Depends on what you are planning to do) Plus they also have a lot of tools, stains, threads, furs, and also sell bones, teeth from different animals, horns and all stuff you also might need for knifes, etc.

A shop I´ll try out as soon as I got the money for it is "kappey". It´s not a "hobby-store", but sells tools for saddlery and stuff. It´s the only place I found for example pricking irons in Germany... the got a online catalog so I would give them a try. Even if I think, the stamping tools they have might be from Tandy, too......

So, have a nice timer over here. Hope this might be helpfull ;)