Sign in to follow this  
JLSleather

Parasites In Leather

Maybe this should go in marketing?

Always some Sweetie wanting to climb in yer pocket. Set up and sell on our site, for a fee. Hey, let us process your credit card trans... for a cut. Hey, advertise with us for "this" much ...

Latest one? Tom, or Tony, or whatever, SweetPea makes custom guitars (or at least claims to). Wants to know if he can attach my wife's work and pictures, like he'll build the guitars and she'll make the straps. And he'll put her on Fagsbook & Twitty (or something like that, my spelling is atrocious) ....

Hey, Darlin', git yer OWN life. Thank you, NO. I'll decide when I sell - 100 items of just ONE. I'll reserve the right to tell some mj tippin hippie that I don't do skulls n flames. When I make a strap, even one, I don't feel the need to cut you in. If it helps you to sell guitars by sending someone to us for a custom strap, go ahead - just don't whine when they show up wit their tail tucked cuz we don't do spiders n snakes.

Or 'pride march'.

Yikes, did that sound like that whole thing irritated me a bit ;)

Oh, yeah ... I found NO parasites in the piece of leather below ... none at all.

Edited by JLSleather

I will try to remember to stay on your good side!

I thought your post was going to be about bugs eating your leather .....it was, just a different kind of buggers.

LOL I too was curious about the parasites. Then I find out you are just bitchin' about middlemen and other people who want a cut of the action. And yes, there are a jillion of them out there. It seems to be a fact of much of modern marketing. All you can do is make an objective evaluation of whether their service is worthwhile. And then make a decision as to whether you want to remain an artist or become a cog in the machine. LOL

Yep, normal any more isn't it. We even have a word for it -- middle man. Or retailer (the guy who sells stuff he didn't make) or franchise owner (the guy who promotes stuff that isn't his). And the top of the list - or the bottom of the pile, either way -- the 'marketing' guy, who spins the BS to sell crap that even HE knows is crap. Yeah, you'd think I'd be immune by now. On the other hand, perhaps it's peoples immunity (thinking that's okay) that makes it that way.

Don't even get me started about real estate people .. ;) no reason at all for their existence.