bucksnort

Latest Reins

8 strand square 54 in, 1/4 diameter reins, romal is 12 strand square, 3/8 diameter x 36 long. First time I ever tried putting popper on over a button as opposed to the standard loopback. I like the weight it gives to it, but don't like that it would make it hard to change out the popper later as it is slipped over from the top before the buttons are put on.post-43386-0-79038900-1379562760_thumb.j

Edited by bucksnort

Very nice work, Buck.

Pete

Nice work indeed. Man it that a lot of buttons. Are those cartridges at the rein ends? How are they attached?

Thank You Guys, Yeah it takes twice as many buttons for a set of 54 in. reins as a set of 42 in. They're 30-30 shells, I wet both the inside of the shell & the first inch of rein, apply gorilla glue then slip the rein inside the shell about an inch, this step probably isn't necessary, but the gorilla glue swells & hardens & makes things more secure. Then I pin it thru rein & shell with a of brass nail each direction. Thanks again for the nice comments. Buck

Great job!

Thanks Brad