tomstas

3 Possible Adlers And 1 Singer

I just watched the video,great stuff !

that's one of the benefits of having a small shop , time to watch videos and look on the net for info.

I hope of doing some work also in my shop in the near future, things like making patterns ,drawing a project etc.

I promised my son (4 years old in januari 14) i'd make him a personal game/tv chair out of a vw golf I seat. The theme is gonna be "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" . Think it's quite challenging for a first project, gonna have to do it a couple of times i think.

Anyway look forward to it. If i could buy a machine this week would help me alot. For now I can only stitch on monday in class.

I also ordered some skai fabric in green/brown/blue (it's the leonardo turtle colour) and this will arrive tomorrow if all goes well.

i also ordered the cheapiest skai for practising first, I should be able to do 3 seats with this fabric

If I feel confifent i'll use the more expensive right coloured fabric

Edited by tomstas

This could be interesting fro you - still a way do travel but it could be worth it.

Its a 2-needle walking foot machine. But it can run it with 1 need as well. But 2-needles may be good for some upholstery work or decorative stitches.

http://cgi.ebay.de/181231388865

At www.sieck.de they sell the machine for 1050€

thanks for the link?

how much would you pay for it at most?

I think to guy who I'm meeting tomorrow has the same for sale. that way I don't have to go to Germany :-)

I don't mind the trip, i even like Germany but i don't find the time to go there. If I go to germany I would make a citytrip out of it,

Except when the pfaff is selling for a really cheap price.. . If it goes for €400 I rather spend 500€ here around the corner. I'll try to find a picture of the one i'm talking about

Edited by tomstas

not a detailed pictures, looks a little bit different

4374960624_zps267a2637.jpg

I personally cannot use a 2 needle machine as I have no such work. But it "could be" useful for the car upholstery.

I think 2 needle machines are not very popular as most people thing they have to sew with 2 needles all the time. However, I have never sewn with 2 needles. So I don´t know how the "sew-feeling" is.

I´d pay not more than 350€ for it but it may go for less due to the 2 needle system.

Here is an additional nice Video you probably can learn more about the Pfaff 145 / 545

(The 545 has some different features but does the same work)

the person who's selling here just send me the types of machines he's selling

* Stikmachine Pfaff type : 441R755/03 900/56-BL

* Stikmachine Pfaff type : 471-705-750 725/03 BL

* Stikmachine Pfaff (2 naalden fijn garen) type : 120/144-44 L

* Stikmachine Pfaff (zooltjes dik garen) type : 195-H3-317-1D LMN

I don´t know the machines but I think the 195 has triple feed but is a post sewing machine (471 is post machine as well). If I had to choose from the 4 mentioned machines I think I would probably take the 195. But you probably have to make your self a table to convert it to a kind of flat bed.

But look at them first, there are to many classes and sub classes but I think the 195 could be an option but again - it is a post sewing machine!

For just learning + practicing the 138 + a Servomotor would also be nice and is probably the cheapest option.

It finally is up to you. Take some of the fabric with you which you want to sew and find out whats the best machine for your projects.

thanks, I looked at some pictures and indeed most of the machines have posts. I was already thinking about the fact if I could change them to flatbed but that would probably cost me some big €€.

I will take my fabric with me for sure, He already told me by e-mail that he had problably only 1 suitable for me , guess it's the 195 as you mentioned.

So many choices ,so little time.... Seems there is always some small thing that keeps me from buying one. still didn't find the ideal combination...

I've als looked at an adler 767 but can't seem to contact the person. It's on sale for over 18 months and is a little bit over budget...sigh...

Tried the 195 today. It was the only useable for me .the others were no triple transport.

Although it is à post machine the Guy had made An add-on metal pièce so it can be easily transformed into flatbed.

I USed the machine and it works fine. It looks USed ,this is normal. But I have seen beter one's for beter money to I thinking.

He's asking 1300, the 500 was for the lighter types of machines(120,...)

I was thinking he world be asking les, his add was Kinda misleiding. I,m not saying he's not honest. His add was just not written wel which is confusing in case of multiple machines.

I'm thinking for this kind of money i buy à NOS daler 267,including service,warrenty,installaties and advies

Edited by tomstas

Honestly - If I were you I would go for the Pfaff 138. Put a servo motor on it and start practicing. In my opinion it is a really good machine to start with. 80€ is a very good price and you can sell it with profit (I would even pay you 10€ for them small lamp that comes with it - I really mean that, I´m looking for one).

If I was in Belgium today I would buy it - 80€ is a bargain and it comes with a lot of accessories you normal have to buy as extras.

Edited by Constabulary

So i've decided what I'm going to do.

First of all I'm going to buy the pfaff 138 if it is still availble .

Next thing I'll do is buy the 267 new from one of the ofiicial sellers (very soon I hope) . It's gonna cost me more but then I am sure i get a good quality machine and very good service and 2 year warrenty, transportation and installation at home and good advice during the setup.

Also it will come with some extra and the setup will be as I want it to be,

Does the Pfaff 138 have a motor on it? It looks like a treadle machine to me. I have a Pfaff 130-6 that I mounted onto a Singer domestic treadle stand.

The 2-spool thread tower on it is the type that was on my old Singer 111G156 that I brought home last week. I thought it might be an old one, and it looks like they put it on the older treadles maybe. Cool.

CD in Oklahoma

I asked the girl who Sells it. She claims it has à motor on it .haven,t seen it for myself.my first thought was also raturen without motor.

I try to contact her tomorrow. I am only wordend i wont have the place for two sewing machines but i realy thinking it is à god deal and it looks old and kind of cool in its own wat

Damn i hate iPads for typing ........'-)

if you have problems finding leather needles for the 138 I still have about 60 needles in 140 + 160 European size (22 + 23 US size). They are for thicker threads. In case the needles + thread will no go through the needle plate, I solved it with an extra needle plate for straight stitch in which I drilled a slightly larger hole! That worked perfect!

I think you will enjoy the 138!

I loved it and I´m going to buy the smaller equivalent, the Pfaff 130, very soon for some normal light sewing purposes.

If I can buyt the 138 I will send you the lightbulb. But 3 or 4 people have shown interest in the machine so it might be sold already.

I'm not gonna buy the 138 after all ,although it's a steal...

I just don't have the place to store it ,I plan on buying thedurkopp adler somewhere next week and 2 machines is just not going to work here.

We will visit the place who sells the adler with our class, The person there told me i could get a discount if I buy it during our visit and take it home myself

Our house is rather small and already overstuffed; Want to keep the missus happy to. that s why I'll stick with buying only one for now

constabulary, if you want to contact the girls who sells the 138, I can give you the link from her add. Maybe she will be happy o send you the bulb.