AllAroundRider

Mallet Style Die

I am needing a 2 1/2 or 2 5/8" diameter round mallet style leather die. Where would be the best place to find one? I am going through thin leather and don't have a press yet so I would like the mallet style. Thanks!

Best place to get these is Barry King he has different selections as to weight single or double, tapered or straight. Give him a try you won't be disappointed he is top quality and a lot of members here use his tool. God Luck!

Ralph

I'm reading your message as a cutting die, would that be right if so round ones can sometimes be found on Ebay. If you can't find what you want there, I had some mallet dies made by Texas Custom Dies http://www.texascustomdies.com/ very good quality and a pleasure to deal with. My seven handle dies range in size from one inch to seven inches long I mostly cut 3-4oz leather. They can get very busy at times though but the wait is worth it.

I'm reading your message as a cutting die, would that be right if so round ones can sometimes be found on Ebay. If you can't find what you want there, I had some mallet dies made by Texas Custom Dies http://www.texascustomdies.com/ very good quality and a pleasure to deal with. My seven handle dies range in size from one inch to seven inches long I mostly cut 3-4oz leather. They can get very busy at times though but the wait is worth it.

Yes, this is what I am looking for. I have been hand cutting the circles so far and I am hoping getting a die will speed things up and give me a more uniform end product. Thanks for the help!