JLSleather

Consew Twisting Thread

Anyone know anything about these 206-rb5? I suppose i'm spoiled, cuz the thing has always ran without incident. The manual is useless.

Today, the thing is twisting the thread above the needle. Project ruined - fair enough. Now to get the thing back on the road.

Machine loaded with #22 and 138 thread.

What I tried:

Could be the needle (most delicate link and thus maybe most likely). Changed out the needle, still got issues.

So, changed out the thread spool, and just in case, another new needle (case I buggered it with step 1). Better, got down one side of a belt before I get the twist again.

The twist is appearing ABOVE the needle.

Try going through two of the holes on the post on top of your machine if your not already doing that. Doing that should take out any kinks. If that doesn't help try some different thread. I have had thread that i just couldn't use.

Here's a link to a manual but it might be the same one you have. http://www.consew.co...als/206RB-5.pdf

Edited by dirtclod

Is the thread black bonded nylon? If so, this color tends to be springier than any other color. Some batches are double-dyed and act link coil springs as they unwind.

Buy a spool of thread elsewhere and see if that cures the problem.

Thanks, fellas! Yeah, thats the manual I have. Pretty much useless. And the first thread was black bonded nylon. Switched to a almost new spool of white bonded nylon, which got a little further before doing the same thing.

I switched needles, threads, backed off all tension cleaned disks, rethreaded, and then re-set the tension. Somewhere in there, stuff started working. Now, if I only knew which one or combination of those things was the trick.

It was a good lesson, though. Silly me for only having one machine (sold the other one over a year ago). I got orders to fill, and I can 't have something like this shutting the place down. Guess I can justify spending some money -- now if I just actually HAD some ... :)

Appreciate the responses, fellas!

How are you taking the thread off the spool? If you are taking it from the top (see green arrow on pic), this can sometimes put a twist into the thread. Try altering things around so that the thread feeds off the spool from the side, causing the spool to rotate (see red arrow on pic).

This doesn't work every time, but it's surprising what a difference it can make!

post-7199-0-73651700-1382747746_thumb.jp

Yep, thread comes off the top, but I'll give that a shot. THANKS