I am looking for a machine to do outsoles for mens dress shoes, I have been looking The Campbell (Randall) Lockstitch machine but I have been seeing some posts saying don't use a straight awl and needle on soles, only use a curved awl and needle machine, the issue i have with that is its very hard (at least thus far) to find a curve awl and needle machine in good enough operating condition for under like 8000 or even 10,000. I am willing to spend around 5000 or 6000. Does anyone have any thoughts on the using the straight awl and needle machine, I am pretty sure I can find them in my price range but if its not going to work i don't want to waist money. Sorry for writing the book but I could really use some help. Thanks guys

You should be able to find a landis 12 for half of your budget. I have turned a couple down for under $1000.

Like electrathon said one Landis 12 G sold here in Salinas California last week for 1200 with a bunch of other machines Landis brand as well. You can buy a full refurbished one for 4000 but you can find a good used one for 500-1000 check your local Craigslist eBay has a couple Landis 12s right now. That machines is jut for sales because of the curve needle and only being able to sew around the edge. Yu can post in the wanted section here and I am sure someone will be wanting to get rid of theirs, they are very heavy tho. Check leightons website Proleptic as well. Good luck!

Ralph Garcia

Thank you guys for the help, It was just what I needed and you guys were right I found a just rebuilt machine with a 1 year warranty and delivered for under my budget, Thanks again.

Eddie

You are willing to spend lot of money to sew soles on so I am assuming you know how to make shoes? Any pics of your work?

Aaron