AndersC

Need Some Assistance On Replica

I'm working on making a replica of a holster my grandfather had for a SA revolver years ago. It was made by George Lawrence, but I've been unable to find any holster of the same model.

Finding a holster for my Dragoon has been a nightmare and they are way too costly, so I decided to fashion a replica styled after this one.

fr8w.jpg

For the belt loop, there is a section the wraps around which has been held together with lace. I measured the lace and it is 1mm thick by 5.5mm width. I've been unable to find anything like it.

Can anyone help to determine where I can find something like this? It looks like latigo but feels much stronger than the normal stuff at 3/4oz weight. Could it be 5/6oz that has been split?

I'll post a better picture tomorrow, but it is a George Lawrence 7 1/2 SA with no tooling.

atyd.jpg

88qf.jpg

-Anders

Edited by AndersC

This is the undyed holster that I've made so far. Once my dye has dried for the final coat and burnished, I'll post more pictures.

tggf.jpg

-Anders