Sign in to follow this  
jmann8686

Best Leather For Handle Braiding (Quick Response Would Be Nice)

So I'm hoping someone will answer quickly. I saw a cool ideas to braid a set of pedal bike handle bars and want to give it a try. But all I have is veg tanned leather. I have braided a little bit and practiced with the veg tan but I was wondering what is a good leather for braiding handles. But I only have a little bit of time today to go get leather or I have to wait till Tuesday. I'm hoping someone will respnd fast so I can get started today. Thank you.

Kangaroo is tough and easy to work with. Rawhide would be best but there is a learning curve associated with using it.

I don't want to hold on to rawhide for hours on end. I would like something a little easier on the hands. This is going on a road bike. But thank you for the quick response. I will see if the guy has any kangaroo hide. I doubt he does but he might.

You should not have problems if you use the veg tan leather for lace for the handles.

Ok thank you. Was not sure if there was a better leather for handles that will be used a lot.