jfozzie

Lu-562 Safety Clutch

Hello, I am new to sewing leather and the forum. I am wondering if someone can tell me how to reset the clutch safety? It's an assumption that I am working on but the bobbin holder doesn't spin

To reset most clutches, the bottom shaft is held stationary as you rotate the hand wheel in reverse by hand there's a button on the bed you depress and hold as you rotate the hand wheel. On most vertical hook flat bed machines it's located next to the stitch length button. On a machine you're not familiar with, you can hold the bottom shaft with pliers (protected by a scrap of leather ) and rotate the hand wheel backwards.

Regards, Eric

Hi. There are two buttons on the top bed. One is for the stitch length and the other is to re-set the clutch. Its very easy. Just push down the button and turn the hand wheel around (I Think backwards) until you fell the clutch resist then push it a little further and it will click into place. Don't do anything else underneath. Leave it alone . Good luck TK If you want an instruction manual I have one here that you can have. cheers