yaklady

Mountain Scene Picture Class

Please see the calendar for the class description and time.

I couldn't add this picture to the calendar listing, so I'm plugging it in here so you can see what the class is really about. Hope to see you there!

Kathy

Leather_pictures_255.jpg

post-1462-1222704195_thumb.jpg

Please see the calendar for the class description and time.

I couldn't add this picture to the calendar listing, so I'm plugging it in here so you can see what the class is really about. Hope to see you there!

Kathy

Leather_pictures_255.jpg

Kathy,

I can hardly wait to see what happens in the class!! It is going to be alot of fun.

ClayM.

As long as no one starts throwing sharp objects at me for making them do all this stuff to their leather, it'll be a great class!

Kathy

Well the class was lots of fun. Kathy is a great teacher!! The students were all having a lot of fun. The project was challenging but not too hard. I think I may be the first leatherworker to get a blister on the top of my finger while modeling in all of the lines on the lumber part of the picture. So of course I recieved expert medical attention...no wait that was expert comical heckling from the other students and especially the teacher. I hope to have Kathy back in Rapid City soon for another class.....I was having too much fun and forgot to take pictures so Kathy or Ernie will have tp supply them.

ClayM.

Clay really deserves an award for having a blister on the back of his finger! Who ever heard of such a thing?! Next time I go to Rapid City to teach, I'm taking mole skin along. If Clay can work up a blister by using a modeling spoon, could you imagine what he would look like after stitching or basket weaving? :o)

I only took a few pictures, and will be happy to share. Clay B probably has some better ones. He may decide to share as well. These are of each of the students, Bert and Ernie (Clay and Clay), Don and Rick.

fall_pictures_023.jpg fall_pictures_025.jpg

fall_pictures_024.jpg fall_pictures_028.jpg

These guys were easy to teach, they actually listened to me! They were a lot of fun. I look forward to the time I can return to Rapid City and do it again.

Kathy

post-1462-1224695184_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1224695272_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1224695349_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1224695425_thumb.jpg

Edited by yaklady

Very nice work, everyone. Looks like it was a really fun project! :thumbsup:

Kathy, it looks like you are a great teacher to be able to get everyone to turn out all those wonderful pices. :spoton:

ClayM (Bert), ahh, yours is backwards - could be why you got a blister... ;)

Crystal

Crystal

LOL that has got to be the reason!!! I am inside out!!

I think that Kathys camera is a portal to another dimension and that is not really me!!!

Bert

aka ClayM

Wasn't just Kathy's camera Bert. I think it's your picture from the class that is the portal. Check this out from my camera.

Kathy__s_mountain_class_016__Large_.jpg

I tried half a dozen times to load the rest of the pictures of the class on here this morning and it just refuses to let me. I give up. Maybe I'll try again this weekend.

It was a fun class and a great weekend. Thanks for inviting Kathy to teach in your store, and for your family's hospitality. Hope we get to do it again sometime.

post-12-1224767575_thumb.jpg

whoa now that is creepy!!!! :head_hurts_kr: i dont know what to say about that!! lol

Bert

Oh my gosh, it's Galaxy Quest! You're like the pig thing that turned inside out and exploded! I hope you didn't get slime all over your store. Yuk!

My students were like Galaxy Quest, too. There were the Thermians, and believed everything I told them, just the way they believed Tim Allen on the movie. I never experienced that before, usually my students argue with me about something. Maybe for my next class, we could do the Andromeda System, and it can "change our lives". Or we could put Bert's triplets on leather. It will be difficult keeping the leather still.

It was indeed a great weekend! Great company, great hospitality like Ernie said, great fun playing in Bert's workshop after class, and great fun playing with those 3 cute little kids! Thank you for having me!

Kathy

Gonna try and add my pictures from the class one more time.

Somebody got a hold of my camera, dang I look old!

Kathy__s_mountain_class_002__Large_.jpg

Rick hard at work

Kathy__s_mountain_class_001__Large_.jpg

Don working on his project

Kathy__s_mountain_class_003__Large_.jpg

Kathy and Rick

Kathy__s_mountain_class_004__Large_.jpg

Don and Ernie

Kathy__s_mountain_class_005__Large_.jpg

Rick getting some personal attention from the teacher

Kathy__s_mountain_class_006__Large_.jpg

kathy's mountain scene carved

Kathy__s_mountain_class_007__Large_.jpg

Kathy's picture

Kathy__s_mountain_class_008__Large_.jpg

Rick's finished picture

Kathy__s_mountain_class_009__Large_.jpg Kathy__s_mountain_class_014__Large_.jpg

Bert's finished picture

Kathy__s_mountain_class_011__Large_.jpg

Don's finished picture

Kathy__s_mountain_class_012__Large_.jpg

Ernie's finished picture

Kathy__s_mountain_class_013__Large_.jpg

Either this class really wore Don out or somebody needs to check his oxygen tank quick!

Kathy__s_mountain_class_015__Large_.jpg

Bert's picture when it's not being a portal to the twilight zone

Kathy__s_mountain_class_017__Large_.jpg

Bert working on getting a blister

Kathy__s_mountain_class_018__Large_.jpg

Cant forget a picture of the teacher

Kathy__s_mountain_class_019__Large_.jpg

Kathy__s_mountain_class_010__Large_.jpg

post-12-1224958738_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958767_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958800_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958819_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958846_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958866_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958885_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958907_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958925_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958943_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958955_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958980_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224958998_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224959020_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224959041_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224959060_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224959295_thumb.jpg

post-12-1224959310_thumb.jpg

Edited by ClayB

Clay, can you zoom in on Bert's finger so we can see that blister?

Whoever that was who got ahold of your camera did a fine job. It brings out the real you, much older than the young 29 year old instructor!

Kathy

Looks like it was a good time, and a nice place to work on a project too. Hope to get to Rapid and meet Clay sometime. I don't get out of town often though.

Looks like it was a good time, and a nice place to work on a project too. Hope to get to Rapid and meet Clay sometime. I don't get out of town often though.

I look forward to meeting you, We have a bad cup of coffee available to all visitors who are brave enough to try it.

ClayM

aka Bert