Tolior

Rodeo Wallet

So, I am getting ready to start on my first wallet, and I'm thinking of doing a rodeo wallet style. Does anybody have any advice or patterns for a very green novice?

The best thing to start with is a kit. Tandy has a decent roper wallet kit. They also have roper wallet guts by themselves. I've used the roper guts recently and was happy with the result. If you are wanting to make the guts yourself, take a look at this tutorial: http://leatherworker...?showtopic=9940

Springfield has some very nice wallet guts here: http://springfieldle...Interiors/

The customer service at Springfield is top notch and they are much more knowledgeable about the craft than some of the Tandy folks in my experience.

If you are going to be hand stitching, make sure to only pull the thread snug, not tight. The lighter weight leather will pucker very easily if your tension is too high. This can make your card slots pucker or deform.

Good luck to you.

"I never make a mistake. I only make examples of how not to do it next time." - Anon

Edited by mrdabeetle

So, I am getting ready to start on my first wallet, and I'm thinking of doing a rodeo wallet style. Does anybody have any advice or patterns for a very green novice?

There is a tutorial on the biker style by Citizen Kate in pattern section