jerry895

Consew 227R-2 Should I ?

I stopped over my sewing machine mechanics house today. He used to have 3 sewing machine stores and is retired now. He offered me a Consew 227R-2 machine w/ table and clutch motor for $900.,He said one of his customers bought it new and used it for a short time but it wasn't able to do all she needed it to do, so he took it on trade and got her something else. I am a beginner and have a Juki LU-55 and I have made some tote bags and 1 women's skirt. He said this machine will do the job, it would be nice to have reverse and a cylinder arm. What do you guys think? I would switch to a servo motor as that is what I have on my Juki. It looks to be in very nice condition, maybe be like a showroom demo, no signs of heavy use.

Go for it. You know the mechanic if anything goes wrong.

This is a Seiko built machine and apart from the odd annoying clutch problem on high milage machines they are excellent

Thank you both for the Thumbs Up. Getting the machine today, ordered a servo motor for it. Happy Sewing.

Hello to everyone! I'm new to this forum, and I did post a question, but it may not be in the right topic section! I'm interested in the Consew 227R-2 machine and I'm wondering if it easily sews over several layors of quilted fabric? I have a Sailrite Lsz1, but I sometimes feel it just doesn't quite cut it all the time. I make purses just like those popular ones out on the market. I also want to work with leather, but not the "thick" stuff. I work with canvas sometime as well. I've tried the machine out (with their samples) and plan on going back with some of my own to try it out. Would love to hear some of your reviews on this machine, for this would be a large purchase for me. Thank You so much to all!