Sovran81

Brian, A Big Thank You

Brian suggested a book to me. Advanced Leather Working, Vol 2 Round Knots and Braids. Well It was a hard search without paying airmail postage from Australia. I found one used but like new shape. 250 pages of pure bliss to any knot tier. I have the encyclopedia by Grant and find it difficult to follow, so much so it spends most time on the shelf. This book however makes it easy to understand with very clear drawings of how to tie and photos of what the finished knot looks like. It also has some fancy interweaves I have never seen before.

Thank you Brian. This book was well worth all the trouble I went through to get it.

Oh sorry about that. It is Ron Edwards. The book is available from Ram Skull Press if you cant find it here.

Yeah, I'm not paying $90+ for that book either. Guess I will have to find some other way to acquire it.

Where were you able to find a used copy?

Edited by TXAG

I put posts out on different social networking sites and forums. A month later, some one offered to trade for some leather work. If you live in or near a big city, check the library. I have often been surprised at some of the titles large libraries carry.

In my opinion, the Ron Edwards books are the best and easiest to follow. I have both the Advanced Leather books he wrote. I also use Ron's books for the braiding classes I teach. I order form the publisher, and give them to my students. I think I have six or seven of his books. They are the ones I always go to.

Okay. Which Brian are you referring to. I don't want to be out of place by saying thank you when I didn't give the information.

Brian...

In my humble opinion, Ron's volume 2 is about the round braids is the bee's knee's;. I make loads of knots, have do for years of all P's and B's - if it ain't in the book (which is very unlikely), it gives you enough to figure out others yourself.

If like me and you haven't grown out of the beano then your find the pictures easy peasy to follow, but the full U's and O's for each knot are their as well for the grown up's.

His whip making book is also a dandy of a read for long braids and such, fid work etc etc braiding letters, plus his leather lacing book is great for edge braids. - all good books that have in the 4 plus years I've had them, have never needed dusting - and I shed like a snake.......

Okay... You're welcome... I love Ron's books. Just Wish I could afford all of them.

LOL. Thank you Brian Kidd, AKA KnotHead. :cheers: