xilli007

Seiko Lcw 8Bl Service Manual/ Safety Clutch

Hi all!

I recently acquired a Seiko LCW 8BL and am looking for a service manual...anybody who can help?

I currently have got a problem with what I think is the safety clutch... I was stitching and some thread jammed up around the hook, I cleared all the thread out to notice then that the hook doesn't rotate anymore... After some googling I found that a safety clutch prevents hook from getting damaged when it jams up. I've located the button but have no idea how to get the machine working again.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi xili007, I don't know if this helps. I'm pretty green when it comes to sewing, but I recently got a Juki machine, and in the manual, it says that to reset the safety clutch, press the button while strongly turning the handwheel in the reverse direction of rotation. The resetting procedure completes when the handwheel clicks.

Maybe someone who knows your machine can confirm if it uses a similar procedure. Good luck.

This is all I have, and I think all that Seiko put out for this model series. It covers a few Seiko models, and cover is from a Consew 287RB. Consew 287RB = LCW-8BL, one and the same, and the owners book attached does reference the Seiko LCW series in numerous place within the book.Not much, but hope this helps.

http://keysew.com/Webpages/DemoImages/227R%20&%20287RB%20Owners.pdf

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Thank you very much for all the advice and information!

Unfortunately the machine didn't do the 'click' even though when I put quite a bit of force on the handwheel... I ended up undoing the screws of the gear wheels and putting them in place manually.. After struggling a bit with getting the timing right, the machine seems to stitch alright again.

Any tips on how other people get there timing right on a rotating hook are always welcome!

Thanks!