Sign in to follow this  
TXAG

Source For Good Quality Rawhide Lace?

Ok, so I have some of that "realeather" (or whatever it's called) rawhide lace and it is extremely bad quality. I seem to be ending up with really bad supplies lately for some reason. I bought it from a dealer that advertises on here -- they substituted it when I bought the Bill Confer/Tejas lace...another story.

So...I understand there are limited sources for rawhide lace these days. Where would be the best place to buy some good, decent quality lace? I'd like to get some in 1/16" and 1/8", if possible...

Please let me know...I don't really have the time/space/equipment to go process my own hides in my backyard. And my neighbors would probably call the city code enforcement people on me too...probably a bad idea all around.

Thanks for any guidance...

I don't know about precut lace but I have heard that Jeff Stern in Wisconsin is selling rawhide rounds. I think they are 18 inch circles for about $30.00 each. Don't quote me on that part but a friend of mine got 5 and I think he said $170.00 and that included the shipping.

Jeff produces drum heads and is looking at producing rawhide for other purposes also. His contact info:

Jeff Stern

4010 west Douglas Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53209

1-414-578-8615

If you want to cut your own string, this is the only source in the country that is trying to produce rawhide that I know of.

Ok, well that will work...thank you for this info...I will get in contact with him. Thanks again.

Edited by TXAG