These are a pair of moccasins I made for my wife for christmas. They are buffalo lined with sheerling, with the tips being rabbit lined with sheerling. They have a thick cowhide soul.

-JonnyRocket

post-42734-0-67740700-1390094713_thumb.j

Cool! Ditto Tom on the tutorial.

Really like the outcome.... they remind me of the Mukluks my father would buy from the Indians for my winter wear... great job... Keith

Edited by deserttguy

That's very nice. Did you use a pattern or make it your self? How much did you have to allow for the lining. They look very warm. I know I'd love to have a pair myself. Very pretty and thanks for showing them. Rob

I guess just bump up size a half or so, they were sewn on an old chewed up pair of lasts I have. The sheerling is thin so I did not have to account for much. Try and use some good glue and thread. These did take some time to do.

I kind of made a pattern but ended up cutting some afterward. I used a lot of wax paper and cardboard for templates and guessing was involved, trial and error

And most of all.....thank everyone for your kind words! I try real hard on stuff and your compliments help give me confidence.